HMBC History

Hughes Memorial Baptist Church was founded in 1909.  The first church building was destroyed by a tornado in 1917.  The second building was eventually relocated and replaced by the present structure, ready for worship in 1965.  Construction began again in 1975 adding educational space.  The journey continued in 2003 for a new Educational and Fellowship Building.  "It is God Himself, in His mercy, who has given us this wonderful work...II Corinthians 4:1